Ensuring your premises has the right type of fire extinguisher shouldn’t be left to chance. SecuriPlex provides expert advice on selecting the correct fire extinguishers for your business premises.
All of our fire extinguishers are constructed to BS EN 3 and carry the CE mark. We also provide you with a 12 month guarantee, which can be extended to 5 years subject to a service plan.
Whether it be the supply and installation of a single fire extinguisher, or the service of a large a number of extinguishers, SecuriPlex can meet all your needs.
How Many Fire Extinguishers Do I Need?
BS 5306 states that the following minimum quantities of fire extinguishers should be provided: –
- At least 1 x 13A rated extinguisher per 200 sq metres of floor area
- Not less than 2 x 13A rated extinguishers per floor
- Distributed so that nobody travels more than 30 metres to reach an extinguisher
- So that special fire hazards such as electrical equipment, flammable liquids and flammable gases are provided with additional suitable fire extinguishers
To ensure that you have the correct number and type of fire extinguishers in your building, please Contact Us to carry out a FREE fire extinguisher survey.
What Type of Fire Extinguishers Do I Need?
The following chart indicates the type of fire extinguisher suitable for each type of fire hazard. However, we recommend you Contact Us to carry out a free fire extinguisher survey to ensure you’re adequately protected.
Do I Need To Have My Fire Extinguishers Serviced?
SecuriPlex can service most fire extinguishers, ensuring that they are in optimum working order and will last for many years to come.
There are four fire extinguisher service plans to choose from, all in accordance with BS 5306 and tailored to suit your requirements and budget. These are:
- Standard – The fire extinguishers are serviced once a year for a fixed price
- Comprehensive – As above, but includes 5 yearly discharge test and 10 yearly overhaul included
- Fully Managed – As comprehensive plan, but includes all replacements as necessary
- Rental – All fire extinguishers and other equipment such as stands and signs are rented giving you peace of mind over costs
Comprehensive, fully managed and rental service plans require sign up to a 5-year contract.
How Often Should My Fire Extinguishers Be Serviced?
A properly serviced extinguisher should give many years of good service.
They should be serviced at the following intervals:
- Annually by a competent service technician
- Water, foam and dry powder extinguishers should have a discharge test and extended service every 5 years from their date of manufacture
- Carbon dioxide extinguishers should be overhauled every 10 years from their date of manufacture
What’s The Next Step?
Whether you require a single extinguisher, installation of several extinguishers, or a service and maintenance plan, please contact us for a free, no obligation quotation today. Our expert Fire Safety Consultants will be available to discuss your requirements, and provide you with your quotation.