Automated Gates & Barriers
SecuriPlex design, install and maintain a wide range of automated gates and barriers, specifically designed to suit your business site.
Our electric gates are suited to many applications from securing access to your site out of hours, restricting access during the working day and monitoring activity across your site.
Our automated gates are made to order, so we’re able to meet any specific requirements without compromising on aesthetics or quality.
Benefits of Automated Gates & Barriers
- Physical Deterrent – automated gates makes it more difficult for criminals to access your site
- Save Money – salary budgets can be significantly increased through using mobile patrols, whereas electric security gates can be set to open automatically to authorised personnel only, hence reducing costs.
- Greater Control – additional features such as intercoms and cameras increases control for security guards, ensuring everyone remains protected.
- Peace of Mind – if staff happen to forget to lock the gates after leaving, they can be locked automatically ensuring your business site is protected.
What About Service & Maintenance Regulations?
As a provider of security and access control solutions, it is our obligation to inform you of EC laws, and updates to laws, relating to the operation of automated access equipment and the potential liability issues that would arise in the event of human injury or death as a result of faulty, unmaintained equipment.
To summarise the salient points relating to these legal requirements:
- In accordance with The Supply Of Machinery (Safety) Regulations, it is a requirement that the end user/customer of all industrial doors and automated systems shall establish a fully documented maintenance regime in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- The European Community Commission has declared that all AUTOMATIC CLOSING SYSTEMS (motorised gates and doors etc.) are governed by the Machine Directives 1 and must comply with the CE, EN12453 standard (and the corresponding CE, EN12445 relative to testing and measurement) determine the requirements for the automatic closing system and furnish indications as to how dangerous situations can be avoided or reduced according to the following methods:
- Respecting the safety measurements
- The minimum protection level and force limitation
- Detecting presence and using safety devices
- Resistance to breakage and failure
- Documents to be handed over to the client must contain the following:
- The operating instructions for the safe use of the system
- Normal maintenance instructions
- The declaration of approval
- The maintenance register
- It is also a requirement of British Standards (BS12453) that a bi-annual service of safety systems be carried out by a competent body.
It is, therefore, imperative that you ensure that every one of your company’s sites fitted with any form of automated access equipment, without exception, is issued with a maintenance regime compliant with European Community Commission directives.
At SecuriPlex we provide competitively priced service and maintenance contracts that will not only ensure that your company keeps on the right side of the law, but more importantly, will give you the peace of mind that your premises are protected by fully operational, maintained security and access control equipment.
For further information, please feel free to contact our Service dept by telephone or email email@example.com for details.